Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, launched a mobile payment app – BHIM on 30th December 2016, while addressing the listeners at the Digi-Dhan Mela in Talkatora Stadium which is located in new Delhi.
How to Download BHIM App on Your Android Phone
The app is called Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) has been launched to facilitate e-transactions over the India and make Digital Payment System across India.Here’s a brief introduction on how you can use the app:
- Type BHIM in your Google Play Store.
- Click on Install “BHIM application”.
- Once this application is installed, open the app.
- Select your language, English or Hindi and click on Next button.
- Click on Next on the for more two screens and finally you have button option like Let’s Get Started then press it.
- Once the app BHIM has properly opened, you will be asked to enter a password that you can use to whenever you want to access the app.
- Enter the 4-digit password.
- Re-enter the password to confirm.
- Then, you will be directed to a screen where you have to select your bank.
- Enter your Bank account details to sync your bank account with the BHIM application.
With BHIM App you can send and receive money easily to your families or for payment purpose, check your balance and also you can even create a custom payment address. Now,this app is available in Hindi and English language only.
However, the government will be adding more languages soon as this app is for poor they keep this app as simple as they can. You can make a maximum transaction of Rs 10,000 in a one time. However, the maximum transaction for 24 hours is set to be Rs 20,000.
BHIM app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store for Android users. The iOS version will be released soon for iOS user.
BHIM application is Developed by the “NPCI” which is stand for “National Payment Corporation of India”, BHIM application is establish by the Modi and his government to enable fast, secure, reliable cashless payments through your mobile phone. 🙂